Vicarious Trauma And Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. a brief explanation of which individual(s) has vicarious trauma and which has post-traumatic stress disorder. Then identify the symptoms of the individual(s) with vicarious trauma and explain how each symptom informed your selection. Finally, explain any insights you gained about vicarious trauma related to the video. Be specific and use the current literature to support your response.
- Course Text: Compassion fatigue: Coping with secondary traumatic stress disorder in those who treat the traumatized
- Chapter 2, “Survival Strategies: A Framework for Understanding Secondary Traumatic Stress and Coping in Helpers”
- Chapter 4, “Working with People with PTSD: Research Implications”
- Course Text: Treating compassion fatigue
- Chapter 5, “Measuring Compassion Satisfaction as Well as Fatigue: Developmental History of the Compassion Satisfaction and Fatigue Test”
- Course Text: Secondary traumatic stress: Self-care issues for clinicians, researchers, and educators
- Chapter 2, “Secondary Exposure to Trauma and Self-Reported Distress Among Therapists”
- Course Text: Quitangon, G. & Evces, M. (2015). Vicarious Trauma and Disaster Mental Health: Understanding Risks and Promoting Resilience. New York: Routlege
- Chapter 2
- Article: Bride, B., Radey, M., & Figley, C. (2007). Measuring compassion fatigue. Clinical social work, 35(3), 155–163.
- Article: Stamm, B. H. (2010). The concise ProQOL manual. Retrieved from https://proqol.org/uploads/ProQOLManual.pdf