SW Development Methodologies Assignment. MSIS/IT 461: SW Development Methodologies Assignment
Software development can be chaotic and complex in the absence of a structured process.
Overtime, several methodologies have been proposed to guide software development. At a high
level, software development methodologies can be classified into three groups: structured
methodologies, object-oriented methodologies, and agile methodologies. Within this background,
answer following two questions:
1. What is Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)? Draw a diagram to illustrate the
generic SDLC. (max 1 page)
2. Choose and discuss three methodologies, one from each section (max 3 pages)
a. Structured methodologies: Waterfall, Rapid Application Development (RAD)
Model, prototyping, spiral model.
b. Object-oriented methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Enterprise
unified process (EUP), Object Process Methodology (OPM), Catalysis
c. Agile methodologies: Scrum, eXtreme Programming (XP), Adaptive software
development (ASD), Crystal
1. Submit your assignment in a word documents (.doc) on blackboard using 12 point
font with 1.5 line spacing.
2. Run your report through a plagiarism checker software freely available online.
3. Cite the sources referred.