Can you help me understand this Graphs question?
CMST 325 > IMAGE EDITING
OBJECTIVEThe purpose of this project is to demonstrate your understanding of the following course concepts:
1. How to add motion blur effects along a path.2. How to work with smart objects.3. How to work with smart filters.4. How to work with layer masks.
This project requires you to add a Photoshop blur effect along a path to an image you select in order to create the illusion of movement.
Here is an example of a directional motion blur created in Photoshop.
Please complete the following tasks:
1. Select a good quality image with a good central focal point (e.g. the man and his horse is a great focal point in the example). The focal point could be a person or thing (e.g. car, track athlete, or basketball player).2. Add a motion blur along a path AROUND the focal point (you can add some blur to parts of the focal point if it helps create a better sense of motion).3. Adjust the shape of the blur path.4. Add at least two points on the blur path.5. Please do not merge layers before submitting your composition.
NOTE 1: In order to prevent the issue with limited file submission size of LEO, you can upload the files to google drive, one drive, or Dropbox and share the folder for the project with me, and submit the link as a part of your submission.
Document Setup (template provided)
Width: 5 inchesHeight: 7 inchesResolution: 300 Pixels/InchPage Orientation: Portrait (Tall) OR Landscape (Wide)Color Mode: CMYK
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTSPlease submit the following to your Assignments Folder:
1. The original image before any effects were applied.2. The completed Photoshop (.PSD) file with the motion blur applied. PLEASE do not merge any layers you create together!3. A JPEG (.JPG) version of the completed project.4. Submit a Project Reflection (see details below):
PROJECT REFLECTIONAnswer the following questions when you submit your assignments files.
1. What image did you select and why?2. Where did you find your image (include URL if image was downloaded from the Internet)?3. What Photoshop techniques (e.g. layers, smart objects, smart filters, blur path end point speed, taper, direction, path shape etc) did you use to create your project (describe what you did to complete the assignment)?4. What software applications did you use to complete your project?5. What issues or challenges did you face completing this project?
Please submit your Project Reflection as a Microsoft Word document or just copy and paste your answers in your Assignments Folder’s text box when you submit your assignment along with the rest of the required project files.
The following resources may be helpful in completing this project.
1. Week 6 Read & Watch Item #3Adding Motion Blur Effects Along a Path in Photoshop CC(YouTube video | 7:52 mins | auto-generated closed captioned)
2. Week 6 Read & Watch Item #2Applying Different Masks for Every Smart Filter in Photoshop(YouTube video | 7:31 mins | auto-generated closed captioned)
3. Creating blur effects that follow a path | Photoshop CC | Lynda.com(YouTube video | 7:27 mins | auto-generated closed captioned)
4. Flickr Creative Commons
ADVANCED CHALLENGE (NO CREDIT)
If completing this assignment was not much of a challenge for you, consider completing the Advanced Challenge below:1. Add multiple blur paths to the image in a what that contributes to a professional result.
HARD DUE DATE: SUNDAY | 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME (ET)
Late Penalty: This project is due the LAST DAY OF CLASS. THIS IS A HARD DUE DATE!!! This project does NOT have a late grace period. Assignments submitted after the last day of class will NOT be accepted or graded.
Exceptions may be allowed, on a case-by-case basis, for life situations (military deployment, medical illness, death in the family, etc). In all cases, timely notification of a “life situation” is critical to the approval of any extensions. All exceptions must be accompanied by official documentation, which is subject to inspection and approval. Work load, course load, vacations, or bad memory are not acceptable excuses.
Running Close to the Deadline?: Please do not wait until the last minute to submit your assignment. Give yourself at least a 5-hour window to account for any technical difficulties that might arise. If you experience technical difficulties beyond your control that do not allow you to successfully complete the assignment, immediately follow the steps below:
Step 1: Contact UMGC 360 Help and Support. Inform them off the problem you are having. Get a problem ticket number from them to document the situation.Step 2: E-mail me ASAP and include a description of the problem you are having and your problem ticket number from 360 Help and Support, so I can investigate the situation.Step 3: Attempt to attach your assignment to a message to me inside of LEO.Step 4: E-mail the assignment to me. GRADE VALUEThis project is worth 25 points or 25% of your total grade for the course.
GRADE DEDUCTIONSYou will lose points for issues such as: not following directions, not submitting your work on time, and failure to include all required elements. Each omission will result in a partial point deduction.
SUBMITTING YOUR ASSIGNMENTTo complete this project and receive full credit, you must submit your completed presentation to your Assignments Folder unless you encounter problems–discussed above).
CYA (COPY YOUR ASSIGNMENT)Please make sure you keep a copy of your project stored on your computer. Technical difficulties do happen–you may need to resubmit your assignment for a number of reasons. It is always a good policy to CYA!
HAVING PROBLEMS?Please contact me in advance if you are having problems understanding what is required of you.
DO YOUR OWN WORKUMGC has strict policies regarding turning in work that is not 100% your own creation. I will enforce these policies.
VERIFY YOUR ASSIGNMENT HAS BEEN POSTED (*** VERY IMPORTANT ***)Photograph example (credit).
NOTE 2: You will be held responsible for posting your assignments correctly so make sure you double-check that your assignment has been submitted by revisiting the assignment folder and trying to view your submissions after you post them.