Nursing homework help. Exercise Content
Top of Form
Course Reflection Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the NUR3655 course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
- This course will enable the student to identify and apply components of the different cultures (ACCN Essential I, II, V, VII; QSEN: safety. evidence -based practice, teamwork and collaboration and patient-centered care).
- The students will be able to determine the impact of culture in health care (ACCN Essential I, II, V, VII; QSEN: safety. evidence -based practice, teamwork and collaboration and patient-centered care).
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points (10%).
Submit your completed assignment under the Assignment tab by Thursday11:59 p.m. EST of Week 8 as directed.
- TheCourse Reflectionis worth 100 points (10%) and will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q & A forum under the Discussions tab.
- The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
- APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
- A. Course Reflection
- B. Conclusion
Preparing Your Reflection
The BSN Essentials(AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NUR3655course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to (pick a minimum of 3 objectives):
- “Assess protectiveandpredictivefactors, includinggenetics, whichinfluence the health of individuals, families, groups, communities, andpopulations.
- Conductahealth history, includingenvironmental exposureandafamily historythatrecognizes geneticrisks, toidentify current andfuturehealth problems.
- Assess health/illness beliefs, values, attitudes, andpractices of individuals, families, groups, communities, andpopulations.
- Usebehavioral changetechniques topromotehealth andmanageillness.
- Useevidence basedpractices toguidehealth teaching, health counseling, screening, outreach, diseaseandoutbreakinvestigation, referral, andfollow-upthroughout thelifespan.
- Useinformation andcommunication technologies in preventivecare.
- Collaboratewith otherhealthcareprofessionals andpatients to providespirituallyandculturally appropriatehealth promotion anddiseaseandinjury prevention interventions.
- Assess thehealth, healthcare,andemergency preparedness needs of adefinedpopulation.
- Useclinical judgment anddecision-makingskills in appropriate,timely nursingcareduringdisaster, mass casualty, andotheremergency situations.
- Collaboratewith others todevelopan intervention plan that takes into accountdeterminants of health, availableresources, andtherangeof activities thatcontribute to health andtheprevention of illness, injury, disability, andprematuredeath.
- Participatein clinical prevention andpopulation focusedinterventions withattention toeffectiveness, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, andequity.
- Advocatefor social justice, includingacommitment to thehealth of vulnerablepopulations andtheelimination of health disparities.
- Useevaluation results toinfluence thedelivery of care, deployment of resources, andtoprovideinput into thedevelopment of policies topromotehealth andprevent disease.” (pp. 24-25).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
Please see attachment for directions and grading criteria.
Bottom of Form
Top of Form
Bottom of Form