College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
|Course Name: Intro to Operations Management||Student’s Name: Bader AL Qahtani|
|Course Code: MGT 311||Student’s ID Number: S180304976|
|Semester: 2nd / Spring 2019-20||CRN: 20584|
|Academic Year: 1440/1441 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name: Dr. Gaurav Sukhdayal Vishwakarma|
|Students’ Grade: XX/5.00||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Demonstrate the concept of operations functions, supply chain strategy and issues required for a new production design.
- Exhibit the factors to determine the production and service processes.
- Demonstrate process-flow analysis, process design solutions, operations strategies in the business operation.
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 5)
- Describe the nature of operations management in the following organizations. In doing this, first describe the operation process of the production system. Second, identify operations decisions. (Marks 3) (word count maximum:500)
- A paper manufacturing
- An internal design office
- Suppose that a firm is considering moving from a batch process to an assembly-line process to better meet evolving market needs. What concerns might the following functions have about this proposed process change: marketing, finance, human resources, accounting, and information systems? (Marks 1) (word count maximum: 150)
- Take a tour of the Soap Factory and describe the process used? (Marks 1) (word count maximum: 100) https://www.marius-fabre.com/en/content/34-movies