Management homework help. Week 7 – Overview & Learning Objectives
Chapter 7. Performance Management and Appraisal
Performance management is a fundamental process of evaluating and guiding employees for establishing human capital for the organization. With performance and strategic goals in mind, performance appraisal processes are introduced as a means of assessing the required performance. Performance appraisal types are examined for their assistance in meeting overall human resource functions, their effectiveness, and appropriate usage.
1. Describe performance management, the performance appraisal, and the performance appraisal process.
1. Explain the uses of performance appraisal and performance criteria.
1. Describe the choice of various performance appraisal methods.
1. Assess the effectiveness and limitations of performance appraisal practices.
1. Explain how to conduct the appraisal interview.
1. Summarize key trends in performance appraisal practice.
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
After reviewing this week’s text on Performance Management and Dan Pink’s TedTalk answer the following questions.
2. What do you feel are the most important aspects of performance management?
2. How do you feel the changing job market has changed performance management?
2. How do you feel technology has changed performance management?
[Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion].
[Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. A peer response such as “I agree with her,” or “I liked what he said about that” is not considered substantive and will not be counted for course credit. A blank post just to review other submissions will not be tolerated]
As an HR manager, how could you use performance appraisal information for HR tasks such as training and development, recruitment, and compensation?
The assignment is to answer the question provided above in essay form. This is to be in narrative form and should be as thorough as possible. Bullet points should not to be used. The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to human resource management. The textbook should also be utilized. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used.