History. Read Chapters 1 & 2 of the textbook and read the paper regarding the Trial of T. Hall. graph on page 17. Once all reading is complete, respond to the following items:
- Why was T. Hall singled out for scrutiny?
- How did T. Hall’s neighbors respond to the gossip that this person’s sex was unclear?
- What authority did women claim in assessing the situation?
- What authority did men claim?
- What does the struggle to T. Hall’s gender identity suggest about the structure of community life and the roles of men and women in colonial America?