Government homework help.
The Assignment instructions are in the screenshots below along with the analysis and criteria. Between 1-2 pages and please use APA format with at least three sources. Completion time Friday 10 P.M. easter standard time.
Using what you have learned from previous activities and this module week’s readings, provide the requested analysis of each of the following cases:
Fire Protection and Prevention
- As a construction manager, you are expected to receive 100 one-gallon containers of WD-40 lubricating fluid in liquid form. Write a fire protection and prevention plan to (1) properly store the product inside a warehouse, (2) later transfer the 100 gallons to two steel 55-gallon drums, and (3) identify the type of fire extinguisher that is required. Support each decision by citing the applicable OSHA regulation. First, start by locating the safety data sheet (SDS) for the product on the Internet and determining its flammability category using its flashpoint.
- You have been tasked with providing consultations to a number of construction sites. Which specific fire extinguisher would you recommend for each of the following construction areas?
- Standard 80’x14’ construction office trailer
- IT computer node room
- Forklift repair facility
- Storage room containing titanium metal plates
- The construction superintendent has radioed you and requested that six (6) acetylene cylinders be transported to the other side of the construction site and hoisted onto the second-floor work area. Describe the precautions required for the transportation, hoisting, and storage of the six acetylene cylinders? Cite each applicable OSHA regulation.
Welding and Cutting
- Using an acetylene torch, a welder has been assigned the task to remove a deteriorated steel plate stiffener located 15 feet up the inside of a 50-year-old non-potable water storage tank. Arc welding will be used to weld the new stiffener in place. Although the job is expected to be completed in a single 8- hour shift, what hazards must be considered in planning the job? What are potential employee exposure hazards associated with welding and cutting? Discuss some methods to reduce worker exposure to welding fumes, describe the general precautions for fire prevention when “hot work” (such as welding or cutting) is being performed, and summarize the requirements for “fire watch” personnel. Include any experiences that you have had with welding and the training that precluded.