Education homework help.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review the following:
- The importance of deep reading
- Reading fast and slow: The speed at which our eyes travel across the printed page has serious (and surprising) implications for the way we make sense of words
- Rule One: Be Patient section (pages 53 to 61) in The Rules chapter of the Slow reading in a hurried age
Think about the resources above and how you might (or might not) apply the information when you read for your courses.
In at least 200 words,
- Describe your thoughts on slow and deep reading. Provide a brief summary of the information and explain your understanding of slow and deep reading.
- Explain what makes sense about these concepts and what is confusing.
- Discuss which parts are practical for you and which parts you aren’t likely to use. Be sure to explain why.
- Assess how well you feel you can read slowly and deeply and how these types of reading might impact your coursework.