Criminal homework help.
The Forensic Psychologist and Corrections
- Read Week 10 Assignment: The Forensic Psychologist and Corrections [PDF], a fictitious case scenario, for insight into how forensic psychology plays out in the field of corrections.
- Put yourself in the shoes of a criminal justice intern shadowing the forensic psychologist in your local state prison. The psychologist has asked you to do some research to help prepare for a workshop she’s hosting about the psychological aspects related to the prison process and parole to help the community understand the role of a forensic psychologist and what they can bring to the criminal justice system.
- Refer to Chapters 14 and 15 in your textbook and the B.S. in Criminal Justice Library Guide for resources for completing this assignment.
Write a 3 page report addressing the following questions:
- What was the role the forensic psychologist played in the scenario?
- What services are offered in the prison system to treat addiction and mental health issues?
- What are the stressors the corrections officers faced in the story?
- What potential psychological damage could happen to an individual from prolonged incarceration?
- Use three academic resources to support your responses. Your textbook can be included as a resource. Consult Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library and the B.S. in Criminal Justice Library Guide for the other two sources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Assess the psychological understanding and response to offending behavior, encompassing corrections.
2.) wk9_Case Study: Intellectually Disabled Introduction
This case study is designed to make you think like a forensic psychologist. Read the following scenario and answer the prompt below, referring to Chapter 14 in your textbook and the B.S. in Criminal Justice Library Guide.
I’m 20 years old and I am intellectually disabled. I have an IQ of 55. After watching a Sponge Bob Square Pants cartoon in which Sponge Bob is hit on the head with a hammer and begins to laugh, I picked up a hammer and hit my sister over the head several times. I expected her to be like Sponge Bob and laugh like they do in the cartoons, but she never did. I miss her an awful lot and would never do anything like that again.
Answer the following in a half-page paper:
- What role does the forensic psychologist play in assessing the intellectual disability of an individual?
- What is the relationship between the forensic psychologist and the probation officer when recommending alternatives to prison?
- Use at least one academic resource to back up your explanation.