Capstone Research Project.
Capstone Research Project
Building off the research problem identified in Week One, students will design a research proposal. The research proposal will be based on the problem identified at a human/social service organization. The organization selected can be one in which the student is currently employed, or where they intend to seek employment. The research proposal project reflects the measures required in submitting proposals to a grant-awarding agency. Examples of grant-awarding agencies include: Corporation for National and Community Service, Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute of Health, Housing and Community Facilities Programs, Homeland Security, Special Delinquency Prevention Program, and Centers for Disease Control Prevention. This research proposal will require the student to:
- Select a program to develop, evaluate, or modify and compile a proposal that would be used for grant funding.
- Understand qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods, and be able to scrutinize new programs and programs in need of modification for research design strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify the inherent differences between quantitative and qualitative evaluations and show competence in data collection and analysis methods for each methodology.
Writing the Research Paper
The Research Paper:
- Must be double-spaced and formatted according to the approved APA style guide.
- Must include an APA style cover page.
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include a reference page that is completed according to the approved APA style guide.
Leedy, P.D. & Ormrod, J.E. (2016). Practical research: Planning and design (11th ed.). Retrieved from https://redshelf.com
- Chapter 5: Writing the Research Proposal