Business & Finance homework help.
- Read the weekly lecture.
- Review the DargeanGrix Business Scenario document.
- View the How I’m Fighting Bias in Algorithms (Links to an external site.) video.
- Read the following: This is How AI Bias Really Happens—And Why It’s So Hard to Fix (Links to an external site.), The Advantages of Re-Humanizing HR with Artificial Intelligence (Links to an external site.), How to Make Artificial Intelligence Work for Your Organization (Links to an external site.), Artificial Intelligence Has A Problem With Bias, Here’s How To Tackle It (Links to an external site.), Mitigating Bias in AI Models (Links to an external site.), and 7 Benefits of Artificial Intelligence for Business (Links to an external site.).
Consider what is socially responsible and ethically sound when implementing new technology into the organization.
- Pros (benefits) to using artificial intelligence (AI): streamlining processes, and better and faster decision making.
- Cons to using AI: built in bias (e.g., facial recognition, gender bias) and hiring bias (e.g., gender, racial, ageism, disability, etc.).
In this discussion forum, create a video presentation for senior management at DargeanGrix that discusses the possibilities of bringing AI-driven human resources management software in for managing all activities associated with employees throughout their entire employment life cycle with DargeanGrix.
Consider the benefits and the risks of introducing AI technology into the organization. Think about how the technology might become a risk to the organization’s employees, customers, and partners. Contemplate whether the technology introduces ethical concerns by implementing the technology.
As is noted throughout the class, be sure to address whether the technology and innovation brings value to the business and to the customer.
Your goals are to learn to examine elements beyond just their hard costs and to convince your senior management peers of any identified additional value. Discover and see the value and possibilities the ideas can bring to the organization. For example, just because a thing costs more to be “green” or to be “unbiased” doesn’t mean that the additional cost is wasted investment. Learn to see (and put it in the right context to present it) where the extra cost brings value to the organization.
In a 3- to 5-minute balanced presentation,
- Appraise both the benefits and the risks of the technology to the organization, the employees, customers, and partners.
- Defend the positive position on the topic and include mitigations for the risks you identified above.
- Identify the ethical concerns that may be introduced by the technology.
- Discuss any concerns your audience is likely to have about the possible ethical issues and social responsibilities associated with the technology.
- Include a deck of slides with the highlights of the main points of your presentation.
Instructions for recording or uploading a video:
- Write a script. Name and save your script as a Word document. (The script will be used for reference while you record your video and may be used as a transcript for accessibility purposes.)
- Record your presentation using the Canvas video tool. Review the Canvas Video Submission Instructions on how to create a video post using your computer’s webcam.
- As an alternative, you may use an external platform called Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.). Please review the Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start Guide instructions in order to get started. This guide will familiarize you with the tool and review how to upload your video to the classroom.
- If you choose to use another video recording tool for your submission, such as a cell phone or digital video camera, upload your video to YouTube (Upload Videos: Android (Links to an external site.) or Upload Videos: iPhone & iPad (Links to an external site.)) or another web-based video platform, obtain a link, and paste your video link within your initial post in this discussion forum.
- Paste your script within your initial post in this discussion forum.