Assessment. Refer back to the movie you selected and watched or the case study you read during Topic 1. Continue working on the biopsychosocial assessment submitted in Topic 2 and complete Part 2 of the biopsychosoical assessment. Make any suggested changes from your instructor.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
25) Gather data systematically from the client and other available collateral sources, using screening instruments and other methods that are sensitive to age, culture and gender. At a minimum, data should include: current and historic substance use; health, mental health, and substance-related treatment history; mental status; and current social, environmental, and/or economic constraints on the client’s ability to follow-through successfully with an action plan.
28) Determine the client’s readiness for treatment/change and the needs of others involved in the current situation.
29) Review the treatment options relevant to the client’s needs, characteristics, and goals.
31) Construct with the client and others, as appropriate, an initial action plan based on needs, preferences, and available resources.
32) Based on an initial action plan, take specific steps to initiate an admission or referral, and ensure follow-through.
33) Select and use comprehensive assessment instruments that are sensitive to age, gender and culture, and which address: (a) History of alcohol and other drug use (b) Health, mental health, and substance-related treatment history (c) History of sexual abuse or other physical, emotional, and verbal abuse, and/or other significant trauma (d) Family issues (e) Work history and career issues (f) Psychological, emotional, and world-view concerns (g) Physical and mental health status (h) Acculturation, assimilation, and cultural identification(s) (i) Education and basic life skills (j) Socio-economic characteristics, lifestyle, and current legal status (k) Use of community resources (l) Behavioral indicators of problems in the domains listed above.
34) Analyze and interpret the data to determine treatment recommendations.
36) Document assessment findings and treatment recommendations.
37) Obtain and interpret all relevant assessment information.
111) Prepare accurate and concise screening, intake, and assessment reports.