2 Discussions In One Post. Discussion 1 (Emerging Threats and Counter Measures) 400 Words
Wikis for Learning and Collaboration
A wiki is a collaborative web site that collects and organizes content, created and revised by its users. The most well-known example is Wikipedia. Wikis are a way to grow a knowledge base around a particular content area, be it best practices in a particular field or how to use a specific piece of hardware/software. A hallmark of Web 2.0 is that it improves as more people use it and this approach underlies wiki-based learning. It is based on the idea that within any enterprise, a great deal of knowledge exists among the members. Sharing this knowledge and information can raise the organization’s intelligence level, be it a university, an association, a corporation or club.
How basic discretion steps can help in countermeasures?
Conduct your own research and post a short relevant summary of your findings. ( Post current information, not older than five years ). Use not more than three (3) references.
Amoroso, E. G. (2012). Cyber-attacks: protecting national infrastructure. Elsevier.
Discussion 2 (InfoTech in a Global Economy) – 400 words
Do you feel that countries and companies need explicit strategies for technology development, given the tremendous amount of largely spontaneous creativity that occurs today, often in areas where new technologies are not expected to exert a great influence. Why or why not?
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least TWO of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Bashir, I. (2017). Mastering Blockchain. Birmingham, UK: Packt Publishing. (UC Library)
- Kressel, H., & Lento, T. V. (2012). Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy : Engine for Economic Growth. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. (Included through library subscription)
- Medina, C. (2016). Federal Cybersecurity : Strategy and Implementation for Research and Development. New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc. (Included through library subscription)
- Olsen, S., & National Academy of Engineering (U.S.). (2011). Global Technology : Changes and Implications: Summary of a Forum. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press. (UC Library)